Monday, October 02, 2006

At 12:49 on 10/2/2006 I created this blog for English Class. Yay!

Journal-10/2/06
What happens when I die? Where does the soul go? What will happen to my body?

When I die, I want my body to be donated to science. I don't think I will be needing it once I am dead. I don't want it to sit underground, rotting in a wooden box. Cremation wouldn't be a bad thing, but my body should be used to help others learn things. If my body is donated to science, I could lead to a great scientific discovery, and I'd be remembered as the dead guy who helped cure cancer (or something).
I believe that when someone dies they just stop existing. They don't feel or experience anything. It is like when you fall into a deep, dreamless sleep but you never wake up. All of eternity passes in the moment you close your eyes for the final time, but you see nothing and experience nothing. An infinite number of these forevers go by in a split second, but there is no way to tell time and no reason to care. You are dead and nothing matters anymore. There is no waking up from the dark sleep of death, no Heaven or Hell to spend your afterlife in bliss or torture. There is no reincarnation as another being. This life is all you get, so make good use of it.
I don't know if I believe in the soul of a person. I don't know if it would make a difference if it existed or not. I'm not sure if the people around me are real, and have real souls or if they are just figments of my imagination. Maybe they are just people who exist to make life more interesting. Or maybe each and every one of them has a soul and wonders these exact questions about me. I can't say I know what happens to the soul (if it even exists) and I don't think anyone knows. It might just disappear, which could fit with my idea of death. I think that you are your brain, controlling the body and thinking. This belief leaves little room for a soul to be. I am still unsure of its existence, but I doubt it will matter. Different people think different things about this topic and they are all entitled to their own beliefs; but I am going to live my life and worry about what happens next when I get there.

1 Comments:

Blogger Camisia said...

oh
i actually read that part in the book, i had just forgotten.

3:15 PM, October 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home