Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Journal-10/18/06: Handicaps and privileges

I have many good qualities. However, my most obvious handicap is probably my shyness. I find that I have trouble talking to strangers and people who aren't my friends. When I speak in front of a group I mumble and talk quietly. I have to push myself to speak every word, otherwise I get a weird feeling and the words come out as something resembling mush. Once I talk to someone a lot and get to know them, talking to them gets easier. The more I tell someone, the easier it is to tell more. If I have to collaborate with a person I do not know very well for something like a project, it will take time before I start voicing my ideas and speaking my opinion. I think I'm getting better at it though.
However, sometimes this handicap acts as an advantage. I learn a lot about the world around me by listening and not talking. [Note to readers: I know more about you than you think. ;)]

9 Comments:

Blogger Richard Day said...

Yeah! You're really shy! You need to "come out of your shell!" That sounds really weird I know, but still you should try it sometime (even if it's just at the lunch table)

The last thing scares me...a lot! Seriously...what do you know about me????? I'm scared now! I'm going to avoid you...*shivers*

8:43 PM, October 24, 2006  
Blogger Jeb Oedkirk said...

I know how you feel. Just do what your gut and heart
tells you. P.S. That last part is kinda scary.

12:47 PM, October 25, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:53 PM, October 25, 2006  
Blogger Camisia said...

Okay, so that's a little creepy the whole I know more about you than you think thing.
so what do you know about me that would be more than i think?
You are kind of shy and I agree with Miranda but I know it can be hard.

1:02 PM, October 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:07 PM, October 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should talk more, because when you type comments/posts you say a lot of interesting stuff.

Not to repete something everyone has already said, oh well, but the last part was just a little creepy. So, what is it that you know???

the other one went away...ummm...

1:10 PM, October 26, 2006  
Blogger Sam Marconi said...

ben, right?
sorry about the party. i was already over my limit of 20 people.
and now that i know who you are, that last part doesn't seem so freaky. i could see you being a stalker....

8:14 PM, October 30, 2006  
Blogger Sam Marconi said...

nothing to do with the post: i posted that story because i was bored and i had nothing better to do. plus,i wanted camisia and hannah to read it. yeah. it is really creepy. and thnaks for my really long review!

11:11 AM, November 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ben, again, I'm just reading all your junk (don't take that literally, its all quite good). By the way, Ben is not joking about knowing stuff. He knows everything about everyone. You know, he probably has a time turner and an invisibility cloak, and just follows everyone around one at a time until he knows all... Ok, I just creeped myself out...

4:33 PM, November 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home