Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Journal-10/27/06
Disillusionment


Let's begin with a definition.
Disillusionment- a feeling of disappointment you feel when you find out something you thought was great is not really what you thought.

I think that some of the people I've met have not turned out as good a I thought. There were some people I met over the summer, at Duke T.I.P. I thought I could relate and compare to them, and that we could be great friends. However, by the end of three weeks I was sick of them and wanted to have nothing to do with them. They did some things that I didn't think a person like them would do. Once I got the know them, I saw how different we were. They turned out very different from the people I thought I would get to know.

5 Comments:

Blogger Camisia said...

so you and Ian both did things on people who were not how they seemed.
i think i am how i seem, i don't purposely put up a facade. (ooh vocab word +1)

1:56 PM, October 31, 2006  
Blogger Richard Day said...

Yeah people are like that sometimes. They put up facades (vocab point for me even though I used the same word as Camisia) and then they are so different than who you thought they were in the beginning! (I just hope I'm not like that :)

12:44 PM, November 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did everyone (but me) go to the Duke TIP thing?

Did you get to watch Gilmore Girls like Adam, because if not that's kind of unfortunate.

To be on subject:
Yeah, people at summer camp things often turn kind of wierd

1:03 PM, November 15, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh i should of used the word facade, oh well to late

1:05 PM, November 15, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey ben, I'm just posting on all your stuff. That's sad about TIP. Most of the people I met were really nice. I hope you did well on the SAT! I know that sounds random, but its not.

4:29 PM, November 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home